This program provides opportunities to divert waste tires from landfill disposal, prevent illegal tire dumping, & promote markets for recycled-content tire products. TIP provides a reimbursement to eligible businesses that use crumb rubber in eligible products or substitute crumb rubber for virgin rubber, plastic, or other raw materials in products. The program’s goal is to increase demand for crumb rubber & promote higher value products.
- Manufacturers that produce (or will produce) an eligible product.
- Waste tire processors that also manufacture an eligible product.
- Manufacturers of devulcanized crumb rubber.
- Rubber compounders.
- Manufacturers of calendered rubber sheeting products.
- Manufacturers that produce products on a contract basis for other companies provided they have that other company’s written permission to produce an eligible product and receive the incentive.
- A new or existing product that has not benefited from the Tire-Derived Product Grant Program.
- An existing or new/improved product currently manufactured with virgin rubber, plastic or other material which will be produced with a minimum of five percent crumb rubber and may be co-extruded, injected, calendered or otherwise combined (also known as “feedstock conversion”). This includes compounded rubber and calendered sheet rubber as intermediate products.
- An existing or new/improved product currently manufactured with virgin rubber, plastic or other material which will be produced with a minimum of five percent devulcanzied crumb rubber and may be co-extruded, injected, calendered or otherwise combined. This includes devulcanized crumb rubber as an intermediate product.
- An existing or new/improved product that will use fine (≤50) mesh crumb rubber. Particle size and particle size distribution are determined in accordance with American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) D5644 and D5603 and will be verified by CalRecycle or a CalRecycle contractor.
For additional grant specific information, visit https://calrecycle.ca.gov/tires/grants/tip/fy202021.
Eligible applicants include:-Manufacturers that produce/will produce an eligible product-Waste tire processors that also manufacture an eligible product-Manufacturers of devulcanized rubber-Rubber compounders-Manufacturers of calendered rubber sheeting products-Manufacturers that produce products on a contract basis for other companies provided they have the other company’s written permission to produce an eligible product & receive the incentive
Eligible applicants must be California-based or incorporated in another state (or country) with an existing manufacturing facility in California.
How to Apply
State agencies/departments recommend you read the full grant guidelines before applying.
Similar to This Grant
Environment & Water Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
CAL FIRE Forest Health2 weeks ago
Agriculture CA Department of Food and Agriculture
2024 FREP Grant Program, Fertilizer Research and Education Program2 weeks ago
Environment & Water Department of Fish and Wildlife
California State Duck Stamp Project Proposal Solicitation Notice FY 2024-253 weeks ago
Disadvantaged Communities Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
CAL FIRE Wildfire Prevention Grants Program FY 2023-20244 weeks ago