The Tire Incentive Program (TIP) provides a reimbursement (as an incentive payment program) to eligible businesses that use (recycled) crumb rubber in eligible products or substitute crumb rubber for virgin rubber, plastic, or other raw materials in products. The program’s goal is to increase demand for crumb rubber and promote higher value products.
Eligible applicants include:
• Manufacturers that produce (or will produce) an eligible product.• Waste tire processors that also manufacture an eligible product.• Manufacturers of devulcanized rubber.• Rubber compounders.• Manufacturers of calendered rubber sheeting products.• Manufacturers that produce products on a contract basis for other companies provided they have that other company’s written permission to produce an eligible product and receive the incentive.
Eligible products include:
• A new or existing product that has not benefited from the Tire-Derived Product Grant Program.• An existing or new/improved product currently manufactured with virgin rubber, plastic or other material which will be produced with a minimum of five percent crumb rubber and may be co-extruded, injected, compounded, calendered or otherwise combined (also known as “feedstock conversion”). This includes compounded rubber and calendered sheet rubber as intermediate products.• An existing or new/improved product currently manufactured with virgin rubber, plastic or other material which will be produced with a minimum of five percent devulcanized crumb rubber and may be co-extruded, injected, calendered or otherwise combined. This includes devulcanized crumb rubber as an intermediate product.• An existing or new/improved product that will use fine (≤50) mesh crumb rubber. Particle size and particle size distribution are determined in accordance with American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) D5644 and D5603 and will be verified by CalRecycle or a CalRecycle contractor.
Eligible applicants include:
• Manufacturers that produce (or will produce) an eligible product.
• Waste tire processors that also manufacture an eligible product.
• Manufacturers of devulcanized rubber.
• Rubber compounders.
• Manufacturers of calendered rubber sheeting products.
• Manufacturers that produce products on a contract basis.
Eligible applicants must be California-based or incorporated in another state (or country) with an existing manufacturing facility in California.
How to Apply
State agencies/departments recommend you read the full grant guidelines before applying.
Similar to This Grant
Agriculture Board of State and Community Corrections
Proposition 64 Public Health and Safety Grant Program1 month ago
Agriculture Department of Conservation
2022 California Farmland Conservancy Program2 months ago
Environment & Water Department of Parks and Recreation
Division of Boating and Waterways Local Assistance Floating Restroom Grant Program FY222 months ago
Disadvantaged Communities Department of Water Resources
Sustainable Groundwater Management (SGM) Grant Program’s SGMA Implementation Round 22 months ago