This is a competitive grant solicitation. The CEC’s Clean Transportation Program announces the availability of up to $60 million in grant funds for projects that will increase in-state manufacturing of zero-emission vehicles (ZEV), ZEV components and batteries, and ZEV charging or refueling equipment.
To be an “Eligible Project” under this solicitation, projects must be located in California and fit into one or more of the product categories listed below:
Category 1 are projects which manufacture, produce, and/or assemble:
· Complete light-, medium-, or heavy-duty zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs). The ZEV can be an on-road or off-road plug-in battery-electric vehicle (BEV) or fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV).
Category 2 are projects which manufacture, produce, and/or assemble:
· A complete off-board Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE)
· Hydrogen refueling station equipment (HRSE) systems which include but are not limited to; electrolyzers, storage, chillers, compressors, nozzles, refueling apparatus, dispensing equipment, safety equipment, and control systems
· Energy storage systems that connect to EVSE and/or HRSE systems
· Vehicle Grid Integration (VGI) hardware and equipment
Category 3 are projects which manufacture, produce, and/or assemble:
· ZEV components where the manufactured or final product is an integral component of a Complete ZEV. Components include, but are not limited to, power trains, fuel cells and fuel cell stacks, control and management systems, and on-board chargers. Components that are common to both ZEVs and internal combustion engine vehicles (e.g. windshields, tires, doors) are not included.
· ZEV infrastructure components where the manufactured or final product is an integral component of an EVSE, HRSE, and/or VGI system.
Category 4 are projects which manufacture, produce, and/or assemble:
· Battery and battery components primarily for the purpose of integrating into a ZEV, EVSE, and/or as part of an on-site energy storage system for ZEV infrastructure.
Applicants will have the ability to incorporate more than one product category into their funding application, if desired (e.g., a project incorporating both ZEV batteries and Complete ZEVs). However, Applicants will be asked in the application form (Attachment 1) to designate one primary category from the four product categories above to apply under that is most applicable to their project.
This solicitation is open to only private, for-profit businesses. To be eligible, Applicants must have a business presence in California.
Applicants must have a business presence in California.
Matching Funding Requirement:
Applications must include a minimum cash match share contribution equal to at least 10 percent of CEC funding. For example, Project A, requesting $10 million in CEC funding and contributing $10 million in match funding, must dedicate at least $1 million as cash match. On the other hand, Project B, requesting $10 million in CEC funding and contributing $20 million in match funding, still must dedicate at least $1 million as cash match.
How to Apply
State agencies/departments recommend you read the full grant guidelines before applying.
Similar to This Grant
Energy CA Energy Commission 2 months ago More Details about GFO-21-901 – Cost Share for Federal Clean Energy Funding Opportunities
Agriculture CA Department of Food and Agriculture 2 months ago More Details about 2022 DAIRY DIGESTER RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Disadvantaged Communities Strategic Growth Council 2 months ago More Details about Transformative Climate Communities Implementation Grant
Disadvantaged Communities Strategic Growth Council 2 months ago More Details about Transformative Climate Communities Planning Grant