The goal of this grant is to bring high-speed broadband to all California public libraries by connecting them to the California Research and Education Network (CalREN).
The high-speed broadband grant is open to all public libraries in California.
Eligible grant expenses are listed below. Further details and definitions of these categories are available in the grant application:
- Access Points for Data Distribution
- Antenna Cabling/Connectors Data Distribution
- Fiber or Dark Fiber
- Network Management Software
- Wireless Internet
- Conduit Electrical System Upgrades
- Environmental Monitoring Components
- Equipment Racks and Cabinets
- Heating Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)/Battery Backup
- Networking Consulting Funding
- Electrical System Upgrades
- Public Agency
Matching Funding Requirement:
A local match may be required based on Local Income Per Capita levels. It is at the discretion of the State Library to modify or waive match funding.
How to Apply
State agencies/departments recommend you read the full grant guidelines before applying.
Similar to This Grant
Disadvantaged Communities Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery 1 month ago More Details about FY 2020-21 and 2021-22 Beverage Container Recycling Grant Program RBC 32-33
Housing, Community and Economic Development Department of Housing and Community Development 2 months ago More Details about Emergency Solutions Grants Program–Coronavirus (ESG-CV) Round 2
Disadvantaged Communities Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development 2 months ago More Details about California Community Reinvestment Grants Program