California State Duck Stamp Project Proposal Solicitation Notice FY 2023-24
The funds can only be used for projects approved by the Fish and Game Commission (Commission) for the purpose of protecting, preserving, restoring, enhancing, and developing migratory waterfowl breeding and wintering habitat, evaluating habitat projects, and conducting waterfowl resource assessments and other waterfowl related research. These funds also may be used to reimburse nonprofit organizations for completed habitat projects.
To accomplish the objectives, the Department is authorized to award grants (and contracts where necessary) for waterfowl conservation purposes (acquisition, restoration, enhancement, creation and research) to nonprofit organizations, local government agencies, state departments and federal agencies (Fish and Game Code §3702). The organizations must have the specific capacity (waterfowl habitat enhancement, restoration, creation and or research experience to deliver the objectives).
Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
• Enhance/restore/maintain wintering or nesting habitat for CA waterfowl species
• Restoring or creating brood ponds/summer water for CA waterfowl species
• Enhancing or restoring fall and spring use areas for CA waterfowl species
• Establishing islands and loafing bars
• Levee repair, replacement of water control structures, pump repair and installation
• Fence installation to control and/or manage livestock or wildlife and/or to enhance
upland habitat for waterfowl nesting and goose forage
• Removal of nonnative invasive plant species and restoration (active or passive) of native and other desirable wetland or upland vegetation
• Research to obtain population parameters of species/subspecies/population
• Investigations of limited resources for specific species or subspecies such as eelgrass for Black brant
- Public Agency
Funds deposited in the State Duck Stamp Account shall be used for projects approved by the commission for the purpose of protecting, preserving, restoring, enhancing, and developing migratory waterfowl breeding and wintering habitat, evaluating habitat projects, and conducting waterfowl resource assessments and other waterfowl related research. These funds may be used to reimburse nonprofit organizations for completed habitat projects.
Projects may occur on state or federal lands in California.
Matching Funding Requirement:
Additional points are given to applicants that have qualified match.
How to Apply
State agencies/departments recommend you read the full grant guidelines before applying.
Similar to This Grant
Environment & Water Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
CAL FIRE Forest Health2 months ago More Details about CAL FIRE Forest Health
Disadvantaged Communities Department of Fish and Wildlife
George H.W. Bush Vamos A Pescar™ Education Fund5 months ago More Details about George H.W. Bush Vamos A Pescar™ Education Fund
Agriculture Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery
Farm & Ranch Solid Waste Cleanup and Abatement Grant Program5 months ago More Details about Farm & Ranch Solid Waste Cleanup and Abatement Grant Program
Agriculture CA Department of Food and Agriculture
Sustainable California Grown Cannabis Pilot Program5 months ago More Details about Sustainable California Grown Cannabis Pilot Program