The goals of the Stamp Project, as described in legislation, are to protect, preserve, restore, enhance, and develop migratory waterfowl breeding and wintering habitat, evaluate habitat projects, and conduct waterfowl resource assessments and other waterfowl related research.
To accomplish the objectives, the Department is authorized to award grants (and contracts where necessary) for waterfowl conservation purposes (acquisition, restoration, enhancement, creation and research) to nonprofit organizations, local government agencies, state departments and federal agencies (Fish and Game Code § 3702). The organizations must have the specific capacity (waterfowl habitat enhancement, restoration, creation and or research experience to deliver the objectives).
Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
· Enhance/restore/maintain wintering or nesting habitat for CA waterfowl species
· Restoring or creating brood ponds/summer water for CA waterfowl species
· Enhancing or restoring fall and spring use areas for CA waterfowl species
· Establishing islands and loafing bars
· Levee repair, replacement of water control structures, pump repair and installation
· Fence installation to control and/or manage livestock or wildlife and/or to enhance upland habitat for waterfowl nesting and goose forage
· Removal of nonnative invasive plant species and restoration (active or passive) of native and other desirable wetland or upland vegetation
· Research to obtain population parameters of species/subspecies/population
Investigations of limited resources for specific species or subspecies such as eelgrass for Black brant
- Public Agency
How to Apply
State agencies/departments recommend you read the full grant guidelines before applying.
Similar to This Grant
Agriculture Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery 2 days ago More Details about Farm & Ranch Solid Waste Cleanup and Abatement Grant Program
Disadvantaged Communities Employment Development Department 1 month ago More Details about Community Economic Resilience Fund Program Program Year 2022-24
Agriculture Strategic Growth Council 2 months ago More Details about Regional Climate Collaboratives Program
Environment & Water Wildlife Conservation Board 2 months ago More Details about Habitat Enhancement and Restoration