The Wildlife Conservation Board (WCB) California Riparian Habitat Conservation Program (Program) is accepting concept proposals for projects that provide meaningful and sustainable improvements to riparian habitats.
Projects located in southern California (south of San Luis Obispo County) will be prioritized, as well as projects that advance the California Biodiversity Initiative (Executive Order N-82-20). Concept proposals should be for:
· Implementation of a capital improvement project that restores or enhances riparian habitats and functions, or
· Design and planning of a riparian habitat restoration project which leads directly to implementing a capital improvement project.
Shovel-ready implementation projects that have a completed CEQA document will be prioritized. The following project types will be emphasized:
· Restoration of native riparian vegetation biodiversity, habitat complexity and structure, and habitat for species of special concern.
· Re-establishing floodplain connectivity
· Contouring degraded, incised, or undefined streams to restore natural hydrology
· Upper watershed improvements that will benefit on-site and downstream riparian resources
Secondary funding priorities include planning projects and projects located in central and northern California.
Federal, state, and local government entities, non-profit organizations, and public districts are eligible to apply for riparian grants. The Program does not provide funding for maintenance activities or mitigation projects. Preference will be for projects that have matching funds.
- Public Agency
Federal, state, and local government entities, non-profit organizations, and public districts are eligible to apply for riparian grants.
Projects located in southern California will be prioritized, as well as projects that advance the California Biodiversity Initiative (Executive Order N-82-20). Southern California includes the following counties Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Imperial, Riverside, and San Bernardino.
How to Apply
State agencies/departments recommend you read the full grant guidelines before applying.
Similar to This Grant
Environment & Water Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
CAL FIRE Forest Health3 weeks ago
Agriculture CA Department of Food and Agriculture
2024 FREP Grant Program, Fertilizer Research and Education Program4 weeks ago
Environment & Water Department of Fish and Wildlife
California State Duck Stamp Project Proposal Solicitation Notice FY 2024-254 weeks ago
Disadvantaged Communities Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
CAL FIRE Wildfire Prevention Grants Program FY 2023-20241 month ago