CDFA may consider funding projects that develop new management methods for treating the Beet Curly Top Leaf Hopper, the primary vector of the Beet Curly Top Virus or development of enhancements to other program areas that will mitigate the virus.
The funding will be based on the researcher using a no pesticide alternative or Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) approved pesticides registered for use in California on Beet leafhoppers (BLH) and/or on rangeland/hillside. BCTVCP does not support proprietary product development projects.
Proposals should address the following items:
1. BCTVCP Mission and Research Priorities.Explain how the project will address the identified BCTVCP Research Priorities, as well as how the project will contribute to BCTVCP’s mission of advancing the environmentally safe and agronomically sound use of insecticide materials.
2. Impact.Explain agronomic, economic, environmental or other implications on a local, regional, and statewide basis.
3. Long-Term Solutions.Indicate the project's potential for measurable progress toward long-term solution(s) to the specific problem(s) addressed in the proposal.
4. Related Research.Describe previously conducted related research and/or education efforts.
5. Contribution to Knowledge Base.Explain the project's contribution to current knowledge and specify new information to be generated by the project.
6. Grower Use.Describe practical applications and incentives for growers to adopt the proposed practices.
- Public Agency
- Tribal Government
Matching Funding Requirement:
Proposals leveraging other sources of funding are strongly encouraged and are welcomed.
How to Apply
State agencies/departments recommend you read the full grant guidelines before applying.
Similar to This Grant
Agriculture Employment Development Department 2 months ago More Details about Campesino de California Outreach Grant – Complaint System Awareness and Referral Program
Agriculture Department of Pesticide Regulation 3 months ago More Details about 2023 Department of Pesticide Regulation Research Grants Program
Agriculture Department of Pesticide Regulation 3 months ago More Details about Department of Pesticide Regulation 2023 Alliance Grants Program
Agriculture Department of Forestry and Fire Protection 3 months ago More Details about California Forest Improvement Program