PART II: Setting Up Your Account
Grant Editor: How to Set up an Account
The State Library will contact the state agency’s pre-identified Point of Contact(s). The Point of Contact(s) will notify the State Library that they will transition to the Grant Editor or they will identify another individual to serve as the Grant Editor for their agency. The State Library will send the Grant Editor an email with an account registration link. Click the link and you will be prompted to set up a new password. If you need to change Grant Editors, please contact CA Grants Team at the State Library at CAGrantsPortal@library.ca.gov
Grant Editor: How to Approve New Grant Contributor Accounts
In order to add a Grant Contributor, the Grant Editor must approve the new account.
- Step 1: After the Grant Contributor registers using the set of steps below titled “Grant Contributor: How to Set up an Account,” the Grant Editor will receive an email requesting approval for the new account. Click the link in the email to log into the Grants Portal. Here you will see your dashboard.
- Step 2: Click “Users.” Here you will see newly created accounts.
- Step 3: Approve or deny accounts for new Grant Contributors. New Grant Contributors will receive an email with login information and grant opportunity submission links. Denied accounts will be notified as well.
Grant Contributor: How to Set up an Account
Before you can submit or update grant information, you must set up an account as a Grant Contributor.
- Step 1: Visit the California Grants Portal at grants.ca.gov
- Step 2: On the home page, select “For State Agencies” and then “Grant Data Submission”
- Step 3: Scroll down to the “Online Forms” tab. Click “Create an account” (if you click through the three tabs, all three of them provide the same link to create a Grant Contributor account).
- Step 4: Enter a username, your ca.gov email, and select your state agency or department.
- Step 5: You will receive a validation email with a link to confirm your account. Click the validation link. An email requesting approval for a new account will be sent to the agency Grant Editor.
- Step 6: Once your Grant Editor approves your account (see set of steps above titled “Grant Editor: How to Approve New Grant Contributor Accounts”), you will receive an email with a login link. Click the link and you will be prompted to set up a new password. If your Grant Editor denies your account, you will receive a notification email as well. Once you have an account, you can visit the State Agencies page at grants.ca.gov, log in, and submit a grant opportunity for publication on the Grants Portal.
Last Updated on 8/27/2020