The Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) administers a program to provide opportunities for the beverage container recycling and litter cleanup activities.
- New or existing curbside recycling programs.
- Neighborhood drop-off recycling programs.
- Public education promoting beverage container recycling.
- Litter prevention and cleanup where the waste stream includes beverage containers that will be recycled.
- Cooperative regional efforts among two or more cities or counties, or both.
- Supporting AB 341 Mandatory Commercial Recycling requirements. For additional information on MCR and definitions of “businesses” and “multi-family residential dwellings” as they relate to this regulation, see Mandatory Commercial Recycling
- Infrastructure for businesses to recycle beverage containers.
- Support for new or existing beverage container recycling programs for multi-family residential dwellings.
- Public education and outreach that include a beverage container recycling component.
See Notice of Funds Available: Beverage Container Recycling City/County Payment Program (FY 2021-22) (ca.gov) for eligible costs and additional grant specific information.
Any applicant that is subject to a governing body must upload a Resolution that authorizes specific payment program-related matters. A copy of the authorizing Resolution is a required application document that must be uploaded no later than the Funding Request due date or CalRecycle will deem the application incomplete and disqualify the applicant.
- Public Agency
California Labor Code section 1782 prohibits a charter city from receiving state funding or financial assistance for construction projects if that charter city does not comply with Labor Code sections 1770-1782.
How to Apply
State agencies/departments recommend you read the full grant guidelines before applying.
Similar to This Grant
Disadvantaged Communities Sierra Nevada Conservancy 2 months ago More Details about 2022 Vibrant Recreation and Tourism Directed Grant Program
Disadvantaged Communities Sierra Nevada Conservancy 2 months ago More Details about 2022 Strategic Land Conservation Directed Grant Program
Disadvantaged Communities Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery 2 months ago More Details about Local Conservation Corps Grant Program
Disadvantaged Communities CA Volunteers 2 months ago More Details about 2021 CaliforniansForAll College Fellowship